How to Apply for Legal Aid
To apply for Nova Scotia Legal Aid (NSLA) services, complete an NSLA Application form. Some information is required:
- Your full name;
- Your birthdate;
- Your contact information – mailing address and email address;
- Your financial information – your monthly income, monthly expenses and debts, your assets (house, car, bank balance, RSPs, etc).
* This financial information is necessary for you to apply for full-service legal aid. Anyone can contact us for information or summary advice.
There are 3 ways to apply for Nova Scotia Legal Aid service:
- Apply online using the Online Application Form. If you are applying online, please allow a few business days for the Legal Aid Office to contact you.
- Apply in person at one of our regional offices. Call or apply at the office nearest you. Applications will be forwarded to the appropriate service office if necessary.
- Apply by mail – Print the Online Application and mail it to the nearest Legal Aid Office.
If you have any questions about the Application form, please call any of our regional offices, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
To get Legal Aid services, you may need to show proof of your identity with a health card, driver’s licence, or other official ID.