Get Legal Aid Help and Services in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Legal Aid has many free legal services to help adults and youth facing a range of legal issues. We may be able to help if you have problems with criminal law, family law and many areas of social justice and civil law such as CPP, Employment Insurance or Income Assistance. Although some of our services are based on financial need, we have some services available to all Nova Scotians.
- Publications providing legal information you can use right on this website.
- Links to other websites that have legal information you may want.
Legal Advice offered to all Nova Scotians (no financial qualification):
- Advice at court from a Duty Counsel lawyer if you’ve been charged or detained.
- Advice over the telephone if you are under arrest and in police custody.
- Summary advice at Family Courthouses, in the community, or in any of our service offices.
Legal Representation by a Lawyer:
- Full legal representation by a lawyer for those meeting financial, area of law, and merit-based qualifications.
Find out more by visiting the pages listed in the section menu on the right-hand side of this page. You can also apply online right on this website or at any of our service offices across the Province.