The Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission (NSLAC) is currently accepting applications for the position of Service Delivery Director (SDD). A copy of the position description can be found at: SDD Position Description
Nova Scotia Legal Aid (NSLA) delivers quality legal services to qualified applicants in the three core areas of criminal, family and social justice law. Some level of help is available to all Nova Scotians on a continuum of service which includes information, summary/duty counsel services, limited retainer and full service.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The SDD reports to the Executive Director (ED) and the NSLAC and has a focus on what services the NSLAC can and should provide. The SDD works closely with the ED and must be ready to assume all responsibilities in the event that the incumbent is not available to discharge the duties of that office. The SDD works closely with other Justice Stakeholders and is a member of the Executive Committee, which provides management for the NSLA program.
- The Executive Director
- The Commission
Include: the service delivery management of the NSLA program; working closely with the ED, the Chief Financial Officer and the Internal Operations Director in developing policies, protocols and processes in service delivery management; developing criteria and data for service evaluations and day-to-day management issues and consultation.
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND SKILLS
The SDD, a full-time Administration Office position, must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Must work in the Office of the ED located in HRM
- Bachelor of Law Degree
- Practicing member of the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society, in good standing
- Possess management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to represent NSLA effectively when working with other justice system stakeholders and the community
- Broad understanding of the Province’s justice and legal services systems and current issues
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Ability to speak both English and French will be an asset
SALARY: Legal Services Pay Plan MCL 32-127 – this is a five-year (renewable) contract position
CLOSING DATE: January 9, 2017 at 4:00 pm ADT
Internal Operations Directr
Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission
920-1701 Hollis Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
(902) 420-3471 Fax
NSLA has an employment equity policy and encourages candidates from historically disadvantaged groups. While we appreciate all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications held in confidence.