Anyone can suddenly find themselves in the justice system. It’s important we know our rights and how to exercise them. It’s so important that it’s in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Most Canadians know about access to services like healthcare. Few know we have similar access to legal services. Let’s change that. Know your rights. Know duty counsel.
National Duty Counsel Day will be held on October 27, 2021 featuring:
- Adrienne Clarkson, 26th Governor General of Canada
- Karen Wilford, Chair, Association of Legal Aid Plans of Canada
- Chief Justice Richard Wagner, Supreme Court of Canada
- Patti Laboucane-Benson, Senator, Alberta
- Q&A with duty counsel lawyers from across Canada
- Music performance
- Special guest messages
For more information visit: https://www.knowdutycounsel.ca/
View videos regarding Duty Counsel on the above website or on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4he7NrWx56XcpKFXZvD4JA
Be sure to register at: Duty Counsel Day – National Virtual Event Tickets, Wed, 27 Oct 2021 at 3:00 PM | Eventbrite