NOVA SCOTIA LEGAL AID COMMISSION
FINANCIAL SERVICES OFFICER/ANALYST
Position: Seeking an experienced Financial Services Officer/Analyst for a position located in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia.
The Financial Services Officer/Analyst (FSO) will have responsibility for maintaining the accounting system/general ledger of the Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission. As well, the FSO will be responsible for due diligence on accounts payable and banking. The FSO will provide accurate and appropriate financial information on Commission activities, which includes preparing and analyzing financial reports and preparing monthly internal financial statements. The position works closely with and supports the Director of Finance (DOF) and the rest of the finance team.
Ideal Abilities and Skills
- Minimum 3 year post-secondary professional accounting training plus 5 years related experience or an acceptable equivalent of training combined with experience.
- Proficient in accounting and financial programs, Sage 300 would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficiency in preparing financial reports.
- The FSO must be able to perform administrative support duties for the DOF.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational skills, and a capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
Salary Level: Under review
Deadline for Applications: Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Submit your resume with cover letter to:
Operations Administrative Assistant
920-1701 Hollis Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. We have an Employment Equity Policy and welcome applications from historically disadvantaged groups, including: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities, and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or resume.
While we appreciate receiving all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be held in strict confidence.