Prison Law Services – Looking for Answers About Temporary Absences?

Temporay Leave of Absences
Looking for Anwers?




NSLA can assist you with applying for a temporary leave of absence (TA) if:

• You have less than 90 days left to serve on your sentence; and
• You have an address where you will be able to reside for the duration of your TA.

For further information please contact the NSLA office that provides criminal Legal Services to the court where you received your sentence.

The contact numbers for the various offices of NSLA who provide criminal law services are as follows:

NSLA Office location Toll-free Number
Amherst 1-866-999-7544
Antigonish 1-866-439-1544
Bridgewater 1-866-543-4658
Dartmouth 1-877-420-8818
Halifax 1-877-777-6583
Kentville 1-866-679-6110
New Glasgow 1-877-755-7020
Port Hawkesbury 1-888-817-0116
Truro 1-877-777-5920
Windsor 1-866-798-8397
Yarmouth 1-866-742-3300