Need Help With Application to Vary Release Order?

Applications to Vary Release Orders

In an effort to reduce the need for Nova Scotians to attend courthouses, Nova Scotia Legal Aid will assist any unrepresented people who need urgent changes to their Undertaking or Recognizance. Rather than attend a courthouse, please contact the Legal Aid Office nearest the Court from which you were released. You can find the nearest NSLA Office here: .

Please note our offices are closed to walk-in traffic, but we can be reached by telephone or email.

In HRM, complete this simple webform to get Duty Counsel assistance: or call the office.

*If you already have a lawyer representing you, please contact your lawyer directly and they will assist you.*