The Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission is seeking nominations for the 2017 Community Leadership Award. Criteria and information regarding the Award can be found below. Please note the deadline for nominations is May 12, 2017 @ 12:00 pm.
NOVA SCOTIA LEGAL AID COMMISSION
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
2017 Community Leadership Award
- Anyone (including employees of NSLA, a member of the public, an employee of a government agency or department – such as police, PPSNS, DCS, court services) and/or a community organization may nominate.
- You may nominate an individual staff member or lawyer of NSLA.
- The award recognizes exceptional and selfless service to others using personal time that enhances the image of NSLA and increases public awareness of those who work for NSLA (e.g., sports coach, Board member or volunteer of a NFP or charity).
- All nominations to be submitted in confidence to the Chair, Strategic Planning Committee of the Commission, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Nominations may be accompanied by supporting documentation, letters of reference, newspaper clippings, copies of online posts, etc.
- Deadline: May 12, 2017, noon (Atlantic Time).
- The Commission may make more than one award or give no award in any calendar year.
- Award(s) will be presented in conjunction with the Annual Meeting or another suitable venue determined by the Commission.
- The award recipient(s) will receive a plaque or framed certificate and must be willing to be photographed. Photos will be used for promotional purposes, including (but not limited to) a press release, posting on the organization’s website and other social media, and inclusion in the organization’s internal and external publications.