I am very pleased to announce that Charlene Moore has accepted the position of Service Delivery Director (SDD). Charlene has a history of demonstrated leadership both at NSLA and in her community. I am confident her commitment to NSLA and to social justice in the broadest sense will serve the Commission well in this new position. Charlene will be starting in the SDD role effective February 20th, 2017.
Charlene’s background includes:
- Graduated from Dalhousie Law School in 1998. Called to NS Bar in 1999.
- Joined NSLA in August 1999 in the Dartmouth Office practicing family law and transferred to the Halifax North Office in 2012.
- Since 2013, has worked primarily in the area of social justice with a focus on developing community outreach. Her outreach includes Chebucto Connections ECHO Hub and the Daily Bread free lunch program at St. Mary’s Basilica.
- Has made numerous community presentations on social justice issues.
- Worked extensively with community stakeholders on the issues of social justice and played a lead role in the implementation of the social justice components of NSLA’s Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for the development of social justice materials for the public on NSLA’s website and the ongoing development of social justice materials for the internal staff Portal. Actively involved in the development of content for social justice conferences.
- Facilitated NSLA’s social justice response to the consultations on legal aid benchmarks.
- Obtained certification in Collaborative Family Law.
- Past member (Treasurer & Chair) of Family Mediation NS with significant involved in the development of the Child Protection Mediation Project.
- Current committee member of CBA NS Nova Voce.
- Mentored for Dalhousie Feminist Legal Association (DFLAS), has acted as Principal for Articled Clerks and supervised Summer Students.
- Volunteer with NSBS Observership Program and longstanding community volunteer in Scouts Canada and Shambhala School, including holding many leadership roles.
Please join me in welcoming Charlene to the Executive team.