COURT SUPPORT WORKER POSITION
NOVA SCOTIA LEGAL AID
Seeking an experienced candidate for a one-year contract position located in HRM. Job Description is attached hereto.
Ideal Abilities and Skills
- Minimum Grade 12 High School Diploma.
- Paralegal or 5 year’s equivalent training or related relevant experience.
- Experience working with the public. Knowledge of adult law and community programs focusing on assisting disadvantaged or challenged individuals or groups.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to use judgment in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- The candidate should be proficient in transcription of dictation with excellent typing and communication skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment is an asset.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Court Support Worker Position Description can be found here: CSW
Professional Classification and Pay Plan (PR), plus benefits
Deadline for Applications
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 4:30 PM.
You can submit your resume with cover letter to:
Operations Administration Assistant
1701 Hollis Street, Suite 920
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. We have an Employment Equity Policy and welcome applications from historically disadvantaged groups, including: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities, and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or resume.
While we appreciate receiving all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be held in strict confidence.